The titles with the “Coda” in them was writing based on the idea of closure and my journey with it.
- A Coda on “Twoness” – This is about the battle between nature and nurture.
- Coda on requited love – Dealing with the suicide of loved ones.
Political and Social Issues:
Different posts about Social and political issues. Some of my thoughts have changed since some of the pieces were posted, nevertheless here they are.
- LGBTQ Issues
- Marriage: An Institution of Immutability? – Is it possible to change the way we think about marriage?
- Boycotts….Mike Huckabee and Chik Fil-A – Why we should boycott Chik-Fil-A
- Why Homosexuality is Completely Natural – Not that it needs to be natural for it to makes sense.
- Freethinking Couples of the World, Unite! – A blog post about race, interracial dating and the intolerance some people have towards interracial couples.
- Call me brotha – This was a blog post I wrote about certain groups of people being able to use certain words while neglecting to give others the same right.
- Who has empathy for the victim? – A blog post talking about why some people empathize with Treyvon Martin and why some people empathize with George Zimmerman.
- If it was discriminatory then, it’s probably discriminatory now – A post about policies that society thought was discriminatory in the 60s that are being put into practice in 2012.
- Feminism and Women’s Rights
- Breast and the Female Body: Form or Function? – A blog post about changing the way society looks at breast. It mainly focuses on making conversations about breast center on their function and not their sexual value.
- An Illegitimate Phrase – About the way society talks about rape.
- Dear women, the world needs you in positions of power. – Why the world needs women in positions of power.
- Why Sex is Fun by Jared Diamond – A short review.
- A Moral Conundrum – What if God exist? – What would happen if God existed.
- My experience coming out of the closet – What happened to me when I came out as a non-believer.